The Yahoo Mail app for mobile devices is a great way to stay connected and have access to your email on the go. But even with all its features, it can be difficult sometimes. That’s why we’ve compiled 16 tips and tricks that will make your day just a little bit easier!
16 Tips and Tricks for Yahoo Mail That Make Your Day Easier
- Set up an automatic filter to sort the unread emails from your inbox – go into Settings > Filters and Alerts, select Unread Mail Only under “Filter Type”, then set the time period you want under “When an email arrives.”
- Add labels so you don’t have to scroll through a long list of emails in your inbox – go into Settings > Labels, then select the labels you want to add.
- Flag messages so you can easily find them later on – tap and hold a message, then pick “Flag”.
- Add you’re important contacts in one easy step with Smart Categories – go into Settings > Contacts, then choose which categories you want to add.
- Quickly find images with the Image Search tool – go into Settings > Images, then tap on “Advanced.” You can also search by contact or keyword in this menu.
- Automatically send all of your attachments to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or other cloud storage provider – go into Settings > Advanced and then select “Attachments.”
- Organize messages by thread with the Unread Conversations view – tap on “Conversation” at the top right corner of an email. You can also toggle this view by going into Settings > Conversations.
- Create shortcuts to your favorite contacts – go into Contacts, then tap on “Create New Contact.” You can also add a shortcut for a category or Smart Category in this menu.
- Add reminders with the Calendar app – open it up and select reminder alerts (found under the “+” in the top left corner). You can also set your reminder to repeat.
- Get customized weather information – go into Settings > Weather and select the location, then choose which features you want like current temperature or a five-day forecast. It will give you real-time updates on what’s happening outside!
- Quickly send an email by taking a screenshot of the message – go into Settings > Advanced and then select “Capture Screenshot.”
- Save attachments right from your inbox with one tap – just open up the attachment, click on it again, then choose to save. You can also do this is in Contacts or Calendar.
- Opt-out of marketing emails from Yahoo – go into Settings > Email Preferences, then select “Marketing Emails.”
- Get more storage space for new messages with the Mailbox app – open it up and click on the “+” in the top left corner. You can also head to this menu by going to Settings > Account Management.
- Use QuickType to type faster with predictive text – go into Settings > General and then select “QuickType.” You can also change the keyboard shortcuts in this menu.
- Sort your emails by unread or priority (high, medium, low) – tap on “Priority” at the top of an email under the Mailbox app. You can also toggle this view by going into Settings > Contacts.
In this post, we explored 16 popular tips and tricks to make your day easier with Yahoo! Mail. From setting up custom signatures, shortcuts, and using filters and tabs- these are just a few of the many possibilities that can be found in this fantastic email provider. We hope this post has been helpful, and if it was- be sure to check out the other posts in our blog series that can help you get more done with Yahoo! Mail.